If you are a student or you know a student who struggles in school, you will want to take action. Do you know you can transform from an average student “just getting by” to an outstanding student feeling really good about yourself? Want to know how? Answer these questions and you are on your way!
1) How do you approach your school work?
2) Do you dread the thought of having to labor through the day or the class, trying to understand what is going on and figure out what will be on the test?
One way to achieve the grade you want is to set your “Grade Goals” to receive the grade that you want at the end of each class, every test, and at the end of each grading period, like a semester or trimester.
Here is the process:
- On the left side of a 3x5 index card or piece of paper, write the exact names of each of your classes you are taking.
- On the right side, directly across from the class, write the grade you want, not the grade that you have, or the grade that you will settle for. You write down the grade that you want, with nothing lower than a “B” down as a goal. Do not sell yourself short or settle for average - you are an above-average person! Treat yourself that way!
- Take your 3x5 index card and carry it with you at all times. Make many of them and post them in your bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, locker, in your car – anywhere you go!
- Read your grade goals AT LEAST 3 times per day. Make sure two of the times are first thing in the morning and right before you go to sleep at night.
- Do your very best at the reading, homework assigned, tests given, and more!
You will be amazed at your progress if you follow these simple steps.
If you set your sights high and do the work, you will truly change your grades! Here’s the short of it:
- Write the grade you want beside the name of the class.
- Look at your goals at least 3 times per day.
- Do all your assigned reading and work. And more than assigned is even better!
- Believe that you will accomplish your goals. You will!
Become a Be WUCA! student!
Move from average to outstanding!
Contact Kimberlee at Global Horizons, firstname.lastname@example.org, to see how you or your student can become a Be WUCA! student. Ask us about the "5 Ways to "A's" - From Average to Outstanding" process for classroom mastery.
You will be surprised at the improvement that you will see.